Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Randoms



:: This little girl is one of the reasons I've been so busy this summer. She learned how to open doors and got into our basement and stuck her feet into a can of paint. Nice.


:: I was telling husband that the sound of someone crunching ice in their mouth is quite possibly the most annoying sound on the face of the earth (he was doing it at the time, can you believe it?). And Avery pipes up dramatically, "Guys! Be nice to each other! Listen to God!" Sheesh, laying it on a little thick, are we?


:: I just realized that I've had my car (a Chevy Cavalier) for 15 years. Wow. I bought it new when I was 18 and I never would have guessed that 15 years later I would still have it. Am I boring or what? We bought a small SUV when our second was born and use my car as a second vehicle.


:: Our version of upgrading our tiny, 13 year old tv: finding a slightly bigger, old tv along the side of the road for free. HA. We are high class, as you can tell.


:: We decided to do a natural finish on our hardwood floors in the studio. Hopefully by the end of the week they will be completely finished and I'll be able to start moving in! (totally crossing my fingers!)


:: I am so happy for the rain we had yesterday! Makes everything look so fresh and green this morning.


:: Lots to get done this week! One day at a time.



6 comments:

  1. Haha, I just absolutely had to comment on your picture of Violet with the paint!
    I have a similar picture of my kids from this past weekend, but it's with sunscreen, not paint!
    Happy Monday!
    http://cbstoltzfus-intothewildblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I don't even make your Monday randoms...man! I thought a quick visit from your friend would be top highlights of the weekend! haha! :-)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know all of those events were probably not happening at once, but that is how I pictured it with the wailing of, "Listen to God!" above it all. LOL. I agree with the ice munching, but I think the most horrible sound is squeaky tupperware, cabbage, celery, whatever- It gives me chills just thinking about it! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me laugh this morning! Now that my children are older, I LOVE looking back on pictures of things they did...like the paint! And about your tv..I know the feeling because my husband prides himself on the fact that we've never paid more than $25 for one! We only use it for a DVD once in a while...and with 5 kids none the less. Love your hardwood floors..they'll be beautiful! We have old floors in our old farmhouse and I love every flaw...just thinking of the people who walked on them years and years ago and what their lives must have been like. I loved the rain too...God is SO GOOD! Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your new site aimee! it is beautiful! i'm so thrilled for you to be getting a studio right off of your house!! how perfect. you are gifted.;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just said goodbye to my car of 10 years! I was so sad to see it go:(:(

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments! ~Aimee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...